Fancy shindigs call for fancy appetizers, right? This Tex-Mex toast fits the bill, with a creamy avocado/sour cream spread that is perfectly balanced by spicy jalapeños and zesty lime juice.
- 6 slices Mrs Baird’s® Extra-Thin White Sandwich Bread
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1/8 cup jalapeños, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray both sides of bread with cooking spray and toast in oven until golden brown.
- Slice avocados, remove seeds and scoop meat out of the skin. Roughly mash up avocados with a fork (leaving some chunks). Gently fold in sour cream and one tablespoon of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine diced tomatoes, red onions, jalapeños, one tablespoon of lime juice and cilantro; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of avocado spread over each slice of toast and top with 1 tablespoon of diced tomato mixture. Slice each toast diagonally, garnish with lime wedges if desired, and serve.