Cheesy Taco Melt
- 2-4 slices Mrs Baird’s® Sandwich White Bread
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 cup Pepper Jack, shredded
- 8 slices Pepper Jack
- 1 bag (8-ounces) Takis® Fuego®
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a medium pan over medium heat, cook the beef until it is beginning to brown. Make a well in the middle of the pan and add the onions. Cook until onions are softened and meat is fully browned. Make another well in the middle of the pan and add the peppers. Cook until peppers start to soften. Add taco seasoning and ¼ cup of water to the pan and stir into the mixture. Mix the contents of the pan until well combined and the sauce thickens. Add the shredded cheese and mix until all the cheese has melted. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Preheat a small pan over medium heat. Layout 2 slices of bread. To the center of 1 slice, add 2 cheese slices evenly spaced out. On top of the cheese add ½ cup of the meat mixture making sure the mixture doesn’t go off the bread. Add 2 cheese slices on top of the meat, followed by the desired number of Fuego Takis. Place a bread slice on top of the sandwich.
- Using a basting brush, paint melted butter on one side of the bread. Add the sandwich, butter side down, to the small pan. While the sandwich cooks, with the remaining melted butter paint the outside of the top bread piece. Flip the sandwich and continue to cook until golden brown.
- Once both sides are browned, add 1 tablespoon of water to the pan and close with the lid to trap in all the steam. Cook until the water evaporates. Serve on a plate and enjoy!