Texas Caviar on Toast
Your New Year’s Day black-eyed peas just got a lot more interesting.
- 4 slices Mrs Baird’s® Buttered Split Top Wheat bread, lightly toasted and cut into 16 triangles
- 1 (12-ounce) can of black eyed peas
- 1 (12-ounce) can of black beans
- 2 ears of roasted corn
- ¼ cup seeded and diced jalapeños
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 large limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Mix the first eight ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place the next five ingredients in a smaller bowl or blender and mix while adding the olive oil.
- Drizzle this mix over the black bean mixture.
- Taste and season accordingly.
- Add a spoonful to each triangle of toast and serve.