Tex-Mex Chorizo Burger
- 4 Mrs Baird’s® Large Hamburger Buns
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- ½ pound fresh Mexican chorizo, casing removed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- Garlic Shrimp (recipe follows)
- Paprika Mayo (recipe follows)
- Garlic Shrimp Ingredients:
- 8 large shrimp
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Paprika Mayo Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Juice of 1 lime
- Special Tools:
- Marinate Garlic Shrimp. Peel, devein and rinse the shrimp. Add to a small bowl with thyme leaves, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, salt and black pepper, stirring to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Make Paprika Mayo. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, tomato paste, smoked paprika, yellow mustard and lime juice. Whisk together and refrigerate until ready to build burgers.
- Make the burger patties. Add ground beef and chorizo to a large bowl, and combine using two forks. Mix in the garlic powder, cayenne pepper, kosher salt and black pepper. Form the meat mixture into 4 equally-sized patties.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly brush burger patties with vegetable oil to prevent sticking, then grill the patties for about 4-6 minutes per side or until cooked through. In last 30 seconds of cooking, top each patty with 1 slice of Pepper Jack cheese. Transfer patties to a plate and set aside.
- Thread marinated shrimp on skewers and grill 2-3 minutes per side or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Build burgers by spreading Paprika Mayo on each bun bottom and topping with a grilled chorizo patty, tomato slices, 2 grilled Garlic Shrimp and bun lid.