1 hr + 10 min
Tex Mex Breakfast Casserole
The cold months have officially arrived in Texas, time to cozy up with this casserole made with Mrs Baird’s 100% Whole Wheat Bread.
- 1¾ cups Mrs Baird’s® 100% Whole Wheat Bread, cubed
- 12 ounces chorizo, removed from casing and cooked through
- 2 (4.5 ounces) cans green chiles, undrained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ cup scallions, diced
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- ½ cup cilantro, minced
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
Place the bread cubes in the skillet and top with the chorizo, chiles and half the cheese.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, onions, scallions and seasoned salt. Pour mixture over bread cubes.
Bake uncovered until browned and set in the middle (approximately 45-50 minutes). Remove from oven, top with remaining cheese and bake until cheese is melted (approximately 2 minutes). Top with jalapeño slices, avocado, salsa and cilantro before serving.