Spicy Slaw Burgers
In Texas, we believe that anything good can be made better with a little kick. That’s why our classic slaw burger recipe calls for jalapeños AND hot sauce.
- 4 Mrs Baird’s® Hamburger Buns
- 4 beef hamburger patties
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 cup creamy coleslaw (recipe below)
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 red onion slices
- 12 jalapeños
- Creamy Coleslaw
- 1 cup cabbage slaw mix
- 1 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 dashes hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the slaw by combining mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste, add cabbage slaw mix to mayonnaise mixture and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and toast burger buns until golden brown.
- Season burger patties with salt and pepper and grill to desired temperature.
- Top each bun from bottom to top with jalapeños, coleslaw, tomatoes, red onions, burger patty and cheese.
- Top with barbecue sauce.