8 hr + 30 min
8 hr + 40 min
Pumpkin Beer Braised Brisket Melts
Fall classic meets a Southern favorite atop Mrs Baird’s® Small Honey 7 Grain Bread.
- 8 slices Mrs Baird’s® Small Honey 7 Grain Bread
- 3-4 pounds beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces pumpkin beer
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Honey mustard
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup jalapeños, sliced
- Season the brisket with the paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place in a slow cooker, pour beer over, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When finished, shred the brisket and cook for another 30 minutes or so on low. It should soak some of the juices up.
- To make sandwiches, brush 1 side of each bread slice with softened butter. Place 2 slices, butter side down, in a large skillet over medium heat. Brush bread slices in skillet with honey mustard, then layer each with ¼ cup arugula, brisket, 1 slice Mozzarella, and ⅛ cup jalapeños. Top with another slice of bread, butter side up, and cook, flipping intermittently, until browned on both sides and cheese has melted. Repeat process for remaining sandwiches.