Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
Want your Texas hospitality game to be strong? Serve guests this delicious bread pudding, which is studded with candied pecans and topped with a rich caramel sauce.
- 12 slices Mrs Baird’s® Texas Toast, dried out and cut into cubes
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup candied pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Caramel Sauce
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together milk, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla and butter in a medium bowl.
- Place the bread cubes in the bowl and stir until the mix has soaked into the bread.
- Stir in the candied pecan pieces and place mixture in a buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Bake for approximately 40-50 minutes in a 350-degree oven until the mixture is set in the middle.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the caramel sauce.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, heavy cream and salt in a sauce pan and heat until it begins to boil. Maintain the heat and keep stirring this mixture with a whisk for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla and remove from the heat. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pour caramel sauce over each portion.