12 slices Mrs Baird’s® Texas Toast, dried out and cut into cubes
2 cups whole milk
½ cup dark corn syrup
¾ cup candied pecan pieces
1 tablespoon vanilla
¼ cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons salted butter
½ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together milk, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla and butter in a medium bowl.
- Place the bread cubes in the bowl and stir until the mix has soaked into the bread.
- Stir in the candied pecan pieces and place mixture in a buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Bake for approximately 40-50 minutes in a 350-degree oven until the mixture is set in the middle.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the caramel sauce.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, heavy cream and salt in a sauce pan and heat until it begins to boil. Maintain the heat and keep stirring this mixture with a whisk for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla and remove from the heat. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pour caramel sauce over each portion.