Parker County Peach French Toast
People come from all over Texas – and elsewhere – when the sweet, juicy peaches of Parker County are in season. If you can’t get your hands on the real deal, substitute frozen peaches.
- 8 slices Mrs Baird’s® Large White bread
- Caramelized Parker County peaches (recipe follows)
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- Optional toppings:
- Honey Greek yogurt
- Toasted pecans
- Powdered sugar
- Caramelized Parker County Peaches
- 2 fresh Parker County peaches, sliced, or 1 bag frozen peaches
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- To prepare the peaches, combine brown sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Gently fold in peaches.
- In large skillet melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat, add in peach mixture and saute for 5-7 minutes until peaches are warm and start to brown. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla and salt. Add milk and stir to combine.
- In a large saute pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Dip two slices of bread in egg mixture and cook in pan until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat step 4 with remaining bread and butter.
- Slice the bread diagonally.
- Plate each serving with four halves of toast and top with caramelized peaches and additional toppings of your choice.