Kicked-Up Chicken Sandwich
Everything’s bigger in Texas, and that includes the flavors of this grilled chicken sandwich. Take basic to the next level with the addition of chipotle mayonnaise and avocado slices.
- 8 slices Mrs Baird’s® 100% Whole Wheat bread, toasted
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 limes, halved
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts – 4 to 6 ounces each
- 1 avocado, quartered with each quarter sliced into thirds
- 2 cups spring mix
- 1 red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 8 tomato slices
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon (or more) chipotle puree
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Make the chipotle mayonnaise by combining mayonnaise and chipotle puree in a medium bowl. Add more puree if you prefer a spicier mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Drizzle each chicken breast with olive oil and the juice of half of a lime, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken breast over open flame until cooked through (165 degrees).
- Lightly spray each side of bread with preferred cooking spray and toast bread until golden brown.
- Spread chipotle mayonnaise on both sides of toast.
- From bottom to top layer spring mix, tomatoes, red onions, chicken and avocado evenly on each sandwich.