Jalapeño Ranch Chicken Sandwich
The classic chicken salad sandwich gets an attitude adjustment.
- 8 slices Mrs Baird’s® Honey Wheat, lightly toasted
- 2 large chicken breasts, grilled and cut into chunks
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 cup red grapes, sliced in half
- 1 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Pickled jalapeños
- Mix first 14 ingredients in a large bowl and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes until the flavors begin to marry.
- Place a piece of lettuce and slice of tomato on 4 slices of bread.
- Spread the chicken salad mix over the bread and add pickled jalapeños.
- Top with the other slice of bread, cut in half and enjoy!