Fried Egg Avocado Sandwich
Hearty egg and creamy avocado come together for an extra-special breakfast treat.
- 4 slices Mrs Baird’s® 100% Whole Wheat bread, toasted
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crispy.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Drain grease from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- Spread butter over each side of bread.
- Place 4 slices of bread, butter side down, on skillet over medium heat. Flip bread and toast the other side.
- Remove to serving plates.
- In a small bowl, add cream cheese, parsley and green onions together. Add salt and pepper. Spread onto 1 side of each toast slice.
- In same small skillet, fry the eggs in reserved bacon grease over medium-low heat.
- Crack the yolks and flip.
- Place each egg on top of 2 slices of toast.
- Cover each egg with 2 slices of bacon, 2 slices of tomato, and 2 slices of avocado. Top with another piece of toast and serve immediately.