8 hr + 20 min
8 hr + 30 min
BBQ Brisket Sandwich
Brisket is the unofficial meat of Texas. And now you can get the taste of famous Texas pitmasters without ever leaving your house.
- 8 slices Mrs Baird’s® Large White bread
- 3 pounds beef brisket, flat cut
- Salt and pepper
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce, divided
- Lightly season brisket with salt and pepper.
- Place the sliced yellow onions in the bottom of slow cooker and place brisket on top of onions.
- Pour 1 cup of barbecue sauce over brisket. Cook for 6-8 hours on low. Remove and let cool, then shred with a fork. Pour remaining juice from slow cooker over meat to keep warm.
- Place pickles on bread, top with 1/2 cup of brisket and white onion rings.
- Drizzle with the remaining barbecue sauce, if desired, and top with remaining slice of bread.
- Repeat with remaining bread.